Posts Tagged ‘graphic design intern’
We are looking for an extremely detail oriented Production & Assembly Intern to assist with the assembly & shipping of our invitations and stationery. You will be working on quality control, packaging, shipping & assembly among other tasks relevant to the process in our small but growing invitation & design studio. You will be maintaining the inventory & samples that need to be provided to clients & prospects alike.
Ideal candidate will be familiar with invitation assembly or have crafting skills (similar to scrap booking) with glue & tape and is familiar with design & layout. You will be working with exacto blades & cutting so being careful is key. You will be tying ribbons, playing with paper & wrapping packages. The idea of wearing different hats doesnt bother you.
You will be working with a growing company & maintaining brand identity & image. Attention to detail is a must & time management will be key to working efficient. Experience with printing a huge plus.
- Must be a self-starter & an eagle eye when it comes to quality & details in printing & manufacturing
- Efficient with time, works smart not hard
- Extremely organized, disciplined & a problem-solver
- Excellent communicator, bringing to the attention of the owner any mistakes or quality issues
Enthusiastic & supportive of our growing company with a team spirit to wear many hats without a problem
Assembly invitation & stationery orders
Shipping of orders
Organizing & maintaining inventory
Assembling wedding albums for orders
We are only accepting 6 month long internships with option to hire but is not guaranteed. Please do not apply if you cannot devote this time. We are currently looking for a minimum of 12 hours a week. Schedule is flexible between the hours of M-F, 10AM-5PM. Please, no phone calls. You will be contacted if we are interested in scheduling an interview, not all candidates will be contacted once application is received. Samples & past projects appreciated.
Please email us with your resume & ask for an application to apply. Submit your availability as well. We will be conducting interviews soon for starting ASAP!
When I opened shop with the other girls at Studio 404 Weddings I didn’t realize how much busier I could be. Well, let’s say I got busy! Now that the studio is all put together I need some super creative and resourceful interns to help keep it going. I am looking for a very reliable graphic design assistant. Two internship positions are held normally.
I am accepting 6 month internships (non-paid but eligible for school credit) for those interested in the wedding, stationery and design industry. You will learn about running a business, graphic design, weddings, photography and more! Must be able to work on a Mac. You will be working from Studio 404 Weddings in Long Beach, California. Your hours and times must be flexible. Please include your availability in the application.
To be considered please send an email with the subject “Intern Application” with a PDF portfolio sample (no larger than 10MB) or a link, resume, cover letter and thePaper Cut Industries Intern Application 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DESCRIPTION & DUTIES:
- Prepping files to print. Understanding of bleed, crop marks, color management and detail
- Packaging, shipping and assembly of stationery sets. Assemble invitations and packaging for shipping to clients
- Text proofing
- Ordering of supplies and managing inventory and materials
- Assisting with social media projects – Twitter, Facebook, Blog (right here!)
- Assist in marketing projects and explore new ideas
- Assist in product shots and editing
- Maintain Etsy site, main website & Flickr account with updated photos and content
- Design & research
- Opportunity to explore window displays at studio storefront
- Proficiency in Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop
- Understanding of Dreamweaver, Lightroom, Pages or Numbers a plus!
- Understanding of typography, composition & color theory
- Flexible availability
- Organized and open to learning new things
- Excellent writing skills
- Ultimately respectful, a great communicator and eager to grow and learn
TIMING: To start as soon as possible.
So what are you waiting for? Fill out the application & send it my way! I can’t wait to start the interview process.