Summer School // Illustrator Workshop for Bloggers
I am super excited to share this new workshop that I will be offering. I often hear people feeling discouraged because they want their blog to look better than it does. They want to add fun graphics & just really give it some personality. I noticed that some blogs really lack the brand of who the blog belongs to. Don’t you wish you knew how to do THAT!?
I am going to be offering 2-day workshops teaching design for blogging. Yup! It’s going to be Adobe Illustrator focused & will touch on Adobe Photoshop as well for some retouching tips & for creating fun animated GIFs (or photos that move!).
- The first workshop will be a 2-day class to be held on Saturday & Sunday, from 9AM-5PM in our adorable studio (in the picture above!) in Long Beach, California on July 28th + July 29th, 2012.
- Classes will be intimate with no more than 20 students.
- On the second day we will be teaming up with Ala Cortez of Love Ala Photography to be taking some fun head shots & learning basic retouching so you can actually use it on your blog!
- With the skills you learn in Illustrator we will then dive into designing mood boards, textures, text, layering & so much more!
- Each workshop will cost $750, but if you book your class before July 12th (my b-day!) we will offer a discounted price of $550.
The whole weekend will be fun, promise! You will be taking away a bag of goodies & some fresh skills to add your own flair to your blog. The workshop will start with the importance of branding. Yup, it’s that important! We will discuss aspects of a successful blog & social media.
FIRST: I want to know what you specifically would want to learn? I can think of a million things to share & teach but if you have something in mind, let me know!
SECOND: If you are interested in being a sponsor we would love to hear from you. Again, each class will not be more than 20 students. Food, desserts, jewelry, studio space, stickers, flowers, all sorts of goodies! If you think you could be a good match, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org & we can discuss the collaboration.
THIRD: Have laptop, will travel. Yes ma’am! If you are interested in having us come to your city, shoot us an email at email@example.com & we can set up a FLOCK workshop in your town!
Great, so if you are interested in attending the first workshop to be held in Long Beach, California you can purchase your ticket here. Click on the July 2012 option to purchase.
We can’t wait to share all this design goodness with you. Send us an email with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org & we will start the list for our first class. Remember its first come first serve & we cap out at 20 students. Then, we might consider doing a second session. I can’t wait to hear from you! -xx